Sunday, July 6, 2014

Mill City Farmers Market

Yesterday morning was probably the perfect morning.  We woke up early ( I have FOMO when I sleep in - Fear Of Missing Out) and drove to Minneapolis.  My husband went to yoga at Corepower on Washington Ave.  I walked over to the Mill City Farmers Market.  The weather was absolutely perfect.  Nice and warm, sunny.  I reveled at the idea of walking to a destination.  In the suburbs, walking and bicycling are really only appropriate for exercise.  Everything is so spread out and far away.  But in the city, that's when walking and bicycling is transformed into a viable mode of transportation.

I took my time at the farmers market.  I stopped at every vendor and admired their goods.  I really didn't need anything (peppers, onions, and tomatoes aren't in season yet), but just enjoyed looking at everything, thankful that people make pure, healthy goods, and sell direct to consumers instead of being forced to use grocery stores which can impose alteration or processing of goods (like pasteurization).

Mill City FM is one of my favorites - I love the location and there are a ton of vendors.  Here are some of the goods that were for sale yesterday:








 The Smack Shack food truck was on site!


After visiting every vendor, I decided to purchase something from Verdant Tea.  I got the homemade chai latte - organic concentrated chai tea, almond milk, and a bit of honey.  Oh my goodness.  Best chai latte ever.  It was wonderfully spiced, not too sweet, and quite refreshing on a hot morning.  I walked across the Stone Arch Bridge and enjoyed the view.  I was so enamored with the latte that I bought another for my walk back to the car.








So even though I was by myself, I had the best morning.  It was beautiful outside, I enjoyed exploring the market, I had time to reflect on how blessed I am, and I enjoyed the peacefulness of the day.  Too bad I can't start every day that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment