Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Barrio

Mexican food.  On a patio.  Margaritas.  Friends.  I could just leave it at that. 

But I won't.  Here are the pics from an amazing happy hour!

You have to start with the fresh chips and guacamole.  I got a big smile on my face when I saw the avocado chunks in the guacamole.  I like it chunky and fresh. 


The happy hour menu is extensive so my husband and friend and I decided just to order a bunch of the appetizers as our dinner.  The prices are really good and the portions are large for the price. 

Pork Carnitas Taco (one of my faves of the night and you get two per plate) $3





Chicken and Black Bean Tostada $4

Spicy Habanero Chicken Tamal $2

Dos Equis Battered Mahi Mahi Taco (also get two per plate) $3

Barbecue Pork Sopes (definitely my favorite of the night) $6




Barrio is also gifted at crafting the perfect margarita.  They have the traditional margarita on the happy hour menu for $5.  I also ordered the Mama Cita which was amazing.  I've also tried the Cesar Chavez during another visit and that one is quite tasty as well.  There are many other variations to choose from that contain fun ingredients like hibiscus flower and blood orange.  Another drink on the happy hour menu is the Maestro Dobel Shot which is a shot of top shelf tequila.  My husband ordered it and it was a wonderfully smooth, citrusy tequila.  I usually wouldn't sip tequila, but this was just delightful.  Barrio is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in the city.  The Minneapolis location is right on "happy hour row" on Nicollet Ave.  They have a wonderful patio space as well as an open air feel in the restaurant.  The St. Paul location right by Mears Park in Lowertown also has patio space and an open air feel.  Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment