Monday, May 26, 2014

Amore Victoria

Six years.  That's how long I've had the pleasure of being married to mi amore.  We celebrate our anniversary by riding the motorcycle to Uptown, taking a stroll by Lake Calhoun, having dinner at Amore Victoria, and having dessert at the St. Paul Hotel.  It was a wonderful date night.

We had never been to Amore Victoria and when I found a living social deal for it, I thought that would be the perfect anniversary dinner.  The deal included a bottle of wine, appetizer, two salads, and two entrees.  I couldn't believe it!  What a great deal!  Unfortunately we couldn't sit on the rooftop with the deal, but they do have a nice rooftop dining area with a view of Uptown and Lake Calhoun.

We chose the Nightfall Pinot Noir which we both really liked.  It was a lighter body pinot - perfect for a warm summer day. 



We chose the fried calamari for the appetizer.  I am just obsessed with sea food right now.  Except when it is in the shape of an octopus... I humored him anyway and ate it without a fuss.  I don't think either one of us appreciated legs and tentacles in our mouths though.



I had this wonderful creation as my salad...oh my goodness.  Whatever dressing the drizzled on it was amazing.



My husband had a spinach salad with nuts and fruit and a raspberry dressing.

I had the shrimp/clam/veggie dinner.



My husband had the veal piccata which wasn't that impressive, unfortunately.  The veal was tough and not the right consistency.



I always really enjoy different and creative menu items and Amore does have that while staying within the confines of traditional Italian cooking.  We do like to go out to an upscale dinner on birthdays and anniversaries, but our favorite places tend to be the hipster/avant garde places.


No comments:

Post a Comment