Friday, May 9, 2014

The Nook

Well last night definitely didn't go as planned.  My husband and I were supposed to run the Medtronic 1 Mile race in downtown Minneapolis.  I was going to prove to him once and for all that I have enough fast-twitch muscles to rip off a sub 6 minute mile.  Since the race was cancelled due to the city being under a tornado watch, we had to devise alternate plans for food and entertainment for the evening.    Let me just say, I don't deal with change very well, especially when I'm all amped for a race and then don't get to run it.  It's like not hitting the golf ball after a hard swing - it's physically uncomfortable and  terribly unsatisfying.  But, my brother happened to be in town for work so we decided to take him out to dinner.  I had all this pent up energy and anxiety for the race so I decided the best way to relax would be with a burger and beer.  Completely the opposite of running a race and eating a chicken breast and veggies afterward.  Bah.   Now if I'm going to eat a burger, it's going to be worth it.  I want the best burger I can find.  The Nook was featured in Diners Drive-ins & Dives and has a cult following in the Cities so we settled on that. 

I had the bourbon bacon burger and it was seriously worth the calories.  So amazing.  The fries and coleslaw were also good.  My brother got a Guinness milk shake which was also really good, despite the ice cream just being soft serve.  The Nook has quite the interesting layout - bar/small dining area at ground level and then a bowling alley and additional dining area in the basement.  Not at all the most fancy atmosphere; I'm thinking it fell more into the "dive" category, but my burger really was fantastic. 







We ended the night by watching the last two episodes of season 3 of Game of Thrones.  To bring the day full-circle, let's just say I was able to use up the rest of my energy and anxiety.  WTF

No comments:

Post a Comment