Sunday, May 25, 2014

Orlando

I spent this past week in Orlando for a work conference.  Minnesota hadn't hit 80 degrees yet so I was happy to fly south to experience some actual heat and powerful rays.  The conference was located at the Marriott World Resort in Orlando and I actually didn't leave the complex during the week.  It was vast and had everything there that I needed for my stay.  The resort is located quite close to Disney World, making it a perfect place for families to stay.  It also has tons of space dedicated to ballrooms and meeting rooms, making it perfect for business conventions.  During my stay there, I enjoyed laying out by the huge pool, running around the beautiful golf course, eating at the outdoor restaurant by the pool, eating Hibachi at Mikado, working out in the large fitness center, and sitting out on the terrace by one of the many fire pits at night.  The resort also has several other restaurants, a few water slides, bean bag toss, ping pong, Starbucks, and a little convenience store.  And it has palm trees.  They make me happy.  The service was wonderful.  I would love to go back to explore Orlando and stay at this resort again.  I should have taken more pictures of the resort, it really was a wonderful place to stay.







Here I was reading at the outdoor restaurant.  You can see the firepit in the background.  These are scattered all over the area and just make for a fun atmosphere.




No comments:

Post a Comment