Friday, May 2, 2014

Porter & Frye

These were tasty!!!  My husband, sister and I met for happy hour at Porter & Frye, an upscale restaurant in downtown Minneapolis yesterday.  It's a little off the beaten path, located on 11th Street and 2nd Avenue.  Again, my strategy is always to check out expensive restaurants for happy hour so I can get a feel for their menu without having to spend so much money.

Porter & Frye definitely has some fun menu options and good deals for happy hour.  We chose the lamb sliders, sweet potato fries, and BBQ chicken sliders.  They also had asparagus bruschetta, calamari, and duck quesadilla on the menu.  Happy hour runs from 4-6 and they have rails for $5, glasses of wine for $6, and appetizers for $5.  I was also happy with my gin and tonic and my husband's long island ice tea.  Both had some strength to them which is often missing in happy hour rail deals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment