Saturday, May 10, 2014

Devil's Advocate

Brunch.  Bloody Marys.  Need I say more?  Devil's Advocate in downtown Minneapolis was the perfect place for us to enjoy brunch and a drink after a tough yoga class.  They have a few options for Bloody Marys, but I just went with the original.  I couldn't believe all the garnishes!  Lime, lemon, cheese, sausage, olives, cocktail shrimp, pearl onion, peppers.  Oh, and the snit was 7 oz bottle of Coors! What a great deal for $9!  I think this was only my second Bloody Mary experience, but it was delightful.  My husband ordered the mimosa which was also good.  At only $3, they are a steal!



My husband ordered the toffee sticky bun french toast which did not surprise me.  He is on his own mission to find the best french toast in the city.  He did really like this one, but swears the best is Highland Grill in St. Paul.



This blog has actually inspired me to step out of my comfort zone and order foods I may not normally get.  Like after I saw how ginormous my Bloody Mary was, I kind of just wanted to order one egg for breakfast.  But we had the livingsocial deal and had to hit the $40 quota and I wanted to write about something a little more interesting than an egg so I ordered the crab cake eggs benedict.  Wow.  Interesting combo, but so very very good.  It was so good I ate more than I should have.  Left most the english muffin, but devoured everything else - crab cake, eggs, hollandaise sauce served with grapes and breakfast potatoes as sides.



We are so going back.  Prices are really reasonable and I can't wait to try more of their menu items and dig into their extensive tap list.


No comments:

Post a Comment