Saturday, May 17, 2014

Shrimp!

Okay, I jumped on the shrimp bandwagon.  In fact, I'm probably driving shrimp bandwagon at this point.  I've always liked breaded shrimp but never knew that I liked plain shrimp.  Shrimp is packed with antioxidants, vitamins D and B12, anti-inflamatories, and omega 3 fatty acids.  Also, a small shrimp only has 5 calories (jaw drops).  Last night I made this dish and it was the perfect dinner.  Kept me full but not stuffed, included a variety of nutrients, and was low calorie.  Best thing of all, it was super quick!  I like to keep a big tupperware of diced veggies in the fridge at all times so I just sauteed the ingredients in about 3 minutes.



Ingredients:

  • 20 small shrimp
  • variety of peppers and onion
  • rice
  • curry
  • cayenne pepper
  • salt
1.  Saute everything in a little olive oil!
2.  Squeeze some fresh lime over the plated food and cut up some avocado for the top if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment