Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Shout House



It’s amazing how many restaurants and venues I have yet to check out despite having lived in the city for five years.  The Shout House in downtown Minneapolis was one of those staples on our bucket list, and we finally spent an evening there last Thursday.  So we picked the non-traditional Thursday night out because there was no cover charge and we thought it wouldn’t be quite as busy.  The Shout House is a dueling piano bar so I was excited to hear some good music and have some drinks.  It was actually quite different than I expected.  First of all, the pianists didn’t duel, they played all the songs together.  They were fantastic musicians, though.  The other unexpected result of going on a Thursday night was that 90% of the people there were over the age of 45 (we aren’t quite there yet).  I normally wouldn’t think anything of it, but the age gap became a little obvious when some of them were drunk and grinding on each other on the dance floor.  After my sister’s bachelorette party at Whiskey Park last year, I decided I’m too old and introverted for all that jazz.  I guess I was expecting the pianists to be the show, but it turns out that everyone out on the dance floor is the show.  I’m glad we checked it out and did something new, but being the wallflowers that we are, it wasn’t quite our scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment