Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mason Jar

After working at the same place for five years, the lunch options get a little tapped out.  Thankfully, a new restaurant opened up in our vicinity.  I consider Mason Jar to be more of a lunch place - the menu features a lot of soups, salads, and sandwiches.  However, they do  have pizza and a few other entrees and are open for dinner.  I opted for the soup and salad which I really enjoyed.  The salad was super healthy - nothing but veggies - and the accompanying balsamic vinaigrette was a perfect compliment.  I also had the beef and barley soup which was delicious as well.  One of my friends had the mac and cheese which was just okay.  But he was wanting to compare it to Capital Grille's lobster mac and cheese.  Common.  Of course Capital Grille wins that match up.  When not comparing it to world-class mac and cheese, I'm sure it was fine.  :)  My other friend ordered the turkey sandwich which seems pretty run of the mill, but she said it really stood out as far as sandwiches go.  Mason Jar actually had a really good selection of teas which was nice.  I had the rhubarb oolong which I really enjoyed.  They also have beer, wine, and a full bar. 

Mason Jar just happens to share a space with Cupcake.  <sigh> I was able to hold out as their gluten free selection was quite small, but they have a huge variety of cupcakes and all of them looked completely wonderful.  Maybe after Grandma's half marathon in June I'll indulge in one. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment