Monday, May 12, 2014

Glockenspiel

Saturday night's festivities also brought us to Glockenspiel, a small German beer hall on West 7th in St. Paul.  Love this place!  They had several German beers in stock that I hadn't heard of before.  My brother-in-law ordered the Baltika Porter #6 which was unlike any porter I've had.  It was very malty, dark, and delicious.  My husband ordered a Ciderboys hard cider because it was on tap.  Everything is so much better on tap.  He may have also added a shot of Fireball Whiskey (cinnamon whiskey) to the cider to experience what we consider to be liquid apple pie.  Absolutely delicious.  I ordered a bottle of Sam Smith organic cider which was also very good.  We were also a little hungry so we ordered the pork schnitzel and my sister/bro-in-law ordered the pulled pork sandwich which was served in a pretzel bun.  It was quiet when we walked in, but about 15 minutes later, the several people emptied out of a shuttle bus and came inside.  Apparently the shuttle runs between O'Garas and Shamrock, shuttling patrons from one bar to the other.  The party ordered "the boot" which is a glass in the shape and size of a boot that is full of beer.  They downed that and took off.  I would definitely go back.


Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment