Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Bad Waitress

I remember riding the bus down Nicollet Avenue on my way to the UofM campus when I was in school.  We'd go right through Eat Street but somehow it never occurred to me to get out and try the restaurants I passed by every day.  So it's been fun to get more familiar with that area now.  On Monday we needed a brunch location so we decided on Bad Waitress.  After having eaten there, I totally get why it's called that.  You don't really have a waitress.  They seat you, you decide on your meal, you get up and stand in line to order and pay at the cash register, they bring your food and whatever drink you ordered, and then they  really have no further interaction with you.  So like a fast food business model with organic, local, tasty food.  Odd. 

First of all, I love that Bad Waitress has outdoor seating, retractable walls for the open-air atmosphere, and tons of windows. 

I ordered a wrap.  It was huge.  I ended up just eating all the insides with my fork.  It sure was tasty, but so very big.  I was impressed with the creative menu items.  One that stood out to me was a zucchini pancake.  They also had a bunch of different egg dishes - omelets, scrambles, breakfast burritos, and eggs benedict.  Delish.


No comments:

Post a Comment